Renew old acquaintances and make new friendships!!
Temple Sinai Men’s Club is proud to be a member of the Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs (FJMC). The Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs, founded in 1929, is an international organization comprised of over 270 Conservative Movement congregations in the United States, Canada and Israel. The mission of FJMC is to help Men’s Clubs serve their congregations in meeting the diverse educational, religious and social needs of Jewish families in the modern world.
The purpose of our Men’s Club is:
- To strengthen the involvement of the Men’s Club members in the life of the congregation;
- To promote a more thorough knowledge and appreciation of Jewish life, including educating our Temple children with special regard to the Holocaust by utilizing speakers and field trips so they will “never forget”; and
- To stimulate social and cultural activities among the Men’s Club and Temple members, through interesting, informative speakers and events.
Some of the educational and fun events we have organized during the past few years include:
- Each year we purchase and mail out a Yom Hashoa Yellow Candle to every Temple member, both educating and remembering that which should never be forgotten;
- We have gone to several terrific Marlins baseball games;
- We have inspiring annual trips to the Holocaust Museum and the Jewish Museum, with the Temple school children;
- We initiated and helped purchase an improved sound system for the sanctuary;
- Every new member of the Temple and/or every Bar Mitzvah boy and his father are given a free membership in the Men’s Club for the remainder of that calendar year;
- Hold periodic breakfast meetings with interesting, topical guest speakers;
- Created and developed the Temple Sinai Meditation Garden, an area just outside the Temple chapel, as a memorial for those loved ones who have passed away;
- Worked with a Temple member, who funded the project, and arranged for Temple Sinai to obtain a Holocaust Torah;
- Hosted other special events, including a Super Bowl party, and a men’s chili cook-off combined with a couples’ line dancing evening;
- Please call Don Levine, Men’s Club President at 954-987-0026 for more information.
Please join us!!!